And sometimes they're not. And they won't smile for a picture either.
My conclusion...pre-teens are weird. But we love them just the same and never stop trying to get that picture with a smile!
I am taking the pre-teen to see Wicked today...she will be smiling for sure because that was her top item on her Christmas wish list!!
Here is an example of the perplexing nature of the preteen:
We were talking about cars. She loves the Mini Cooper. I advised her that the Mini Cooper was too small of a car for her first car, and she needed something safer. Mind you, SHE started this conversation about cars.
She then advised me that she likes those Volvos, you know the ones that look like SUVs. Wait, you are kidding me, right? My almost 12 year-old is coveting a car that even I can't truly afford if we still want to pay the mortgage and save for college? Ha! So I advised her that, while this was a very SAFE choice, it was too expensive for a first car. Please recall that SHE started this conversation and as a mother, I am respecting her interests so I am participating fully. I then tell her that Honda has a lovely SUV-like, safe option...the CRV. To which she replies, with a tone (if I'm not mistaken) of exasperation:
"Mom! I'm ONLY 11!"
Uh.... what just.... Someone please explain this to me......
No comments:
Post a Comment