When Keisha was one, I moved to Los Angeles. Two months later, my mom took Keisha to DFW and put her on a plane so she could live here too. She was our first baby, mine and August's.
Every year on her birthday I would buy the stinkiest can of cat food. (When I lived at home, she loved to eat my cat's food; when we fed him, she would hover over him until he got annoyed and left, usually leaving some food for her to lick up.) We would stick Puperoni treats in to look like candles and we would sing Happy Birthday to her.
Even after we had children, the birthday tradition continued. However, in the picture below, it appears that Kennedy insisted on a lighted candle. And balloons. We take birthdays seriously around here! The date on this picture is 2003. I think this was the last birthday we celebrated with her. The following July, Keisha passed away.
Keisha, you were such a good dog, and you were very loved. We think of you today, and we miss you.

No comments:
Post a Comment