I have changed the header of my blog from The California Zadra Family to something less personal, and a little bit funny (inspiration directly from my clever husband, August). Why the change all three of you who are semi-regular readers may ask? Many multi-faceted reasons....
1) Every time I typed the word "August" in my blog, Google would rat me out! Because "Zadra" was in the title, and "August" was in the blog, Google sent him an alert to totally rat on me and let him know that I was talking about him.
Geez. I mean, it's one thing if he logs on and reads it himself, but can't a girl dish on her husband without Google being a tattle-tale?
And it's not lost on me that this post will totally get back to him, what with all the first name/last name combinations in the previous paragraph. Hi honey!!!!!
2) And along those same lines, I noticed a few visitors to the site that came directly from Google which led me to believe that someone was probably googling our name and found us this way. Stalkers? Probably not. Ex-girlfriends of my husband, most likely. And, no, I'm not paranoid...many an ex-girlfriend has googled him, found his band websites and sent an e-mail.
Not that I can blame them...if I hadn't married him, I'd probably be googling him right about now, too. :) He's a hottie, and a nice boy too. Hi honey!!!!!
So, I thought about that and decided that perhaps I didn't want to make it SO easy for people (ex-girlfriends) to delve into our personal lives. Not that I'm shy or anything...I LOVE reading other people's blog and looking at their pictures and don't mind them doing the same. I invite ALL friends and family to log on and read away! But let's not have it out there on a silver platter or anything. {And if you happen to be an ex-girlfriend reading this now...Hello! Welcome! And, yes, he IS still so hot 20 years later, and aren't those children just beautiful?}
and lastly,
3) I might start posting some of my crafty work (once I get back into producing some crafty work) on the site, and I noticed other people's crafty site blogs have clever names and since my blog might become something just a tiny bit more than a family weekend recap, I wanted a clever name too!
The children and the husband like to poke fun at me..."mommy is over there blah blah blah-ing" they will say. They think they are quite funny. So, when I started blogging, the clever, clever husband (hi honey!!!) made up a little funny...blah blah blogging. And in my head it stuck.
And that's the end of my story. For now. Tomorrow I intend to write about my inspiration for actually starting a blog. It will be a good story. Stay tuned.
Happy, happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment