Friday, January 30, 2009

The End of a {Glittery} Era

First of all, as I was looking at my past two posts, I realized how confused I've been this week. I posted Cabo Countdown on WEDNESDAY. I'm supposed to post this on Thursdays, my friends! On Wednesday, I assure you that I thought it was Thursday.
...
It felt like Thursday, anyway.
...
Perhaps because on the real Thursday I took August to the Flyaway to fly away to Canada for a gig, and the real Thursday felt like Friday, because that's usually when he goes out of town when he travels.
...
Anyway...
...
Today was Friday, for real (right?), because it did feel like Friday all day and I'm not planning on waking up and going to work tomorrow. Brooke was invited to a playdate at Gemma's and the mom decided she would take Gemma and Brooke to Club Libby Lu.
...
Club Libby Lu is all sorts of pink and fluffy and glitter. When Kennedy was small, she loved it. Her 8th birthday was held there.
...

There have been many other parties attended at this store. The girls always come home so glam, so blingy, so dang cute.

Well, today Brooke went with Gemma. Tomorrow the store closes forever. Who knew? We certainly didn't, and by sheer luck, Brooke got made up, glittered up, glammed up one more time.

This style is the "royal" style because "this is how Cinderella wears her hair".

Is it because of the economy? "The economy" people say, as they shake their heads. "The economy" is to blame for so many things these days and I suppose randomly showing up at a store to pay $20 for a 6 year-old's makeover may be considered unnecessary in "this economy". To be clear, I always found it unnecessary, even in our "before" economy, thus we only went for birthday parties and you can only book so many birthday parties on the weekend; therefore I imagine it would be hard to make the rent in a prime mall location. Oh, Libby Lu, I will be sad knowing you are gone, but thank you for sticking around through two little girls and providing your pink goodness for so many years. Thank you for being there for one last time for Brookie, who really hasn't outgrown you just yet...

No comments: