The boat had professional photographers on board. That was handy...see, there I am! I really DO go on vacation with the family!
The bay is always so beautiful, and I never tire of looking at El Arco, the Arch...
And check it out! We saw some whales, too!! We weren't too far from shore and one surfaced and blew from her blow hole.

Sometimes they'd come right up beside us...
Awwww, look at the little baby one!
I learned a little something by looking at this picture closely. It's not so much a blow hole as it is blow holes...two of them it appears. Go figure, I never knew!
And here was a funny thing. We were on a nice WIDE, STURDY boat. Wide and sturdy, while doesn't look so great in a pair of jeans, is mighty comforting while traveling on the ocean looking for gigantic whales.
...
Apparently not everyone has comfort, safety and Mimosas on their mind when booking a whale watching tour. There were half a dozen small boats that would zip over to wherever a whale surfaced. It would have been comical if it hadn't been so annoying because they would cause all this commotion getting over to the whales, who would then dive under.
...
But, tell me, does THIS look like the boat you'd want to be in five feet from a WHALE?

The guys on board kept calling for "Willy!" (as in Free Willy), but their accents made it sound like "Whaley!" and that's what Brooke thought they were saying.
Looks like Whaley is waving goodbye to us!
The guys on board kept calling for "Willy!" (as in Free Willy), but their accents made it sound like "Whaley!" and that's what Brooke thought they were saying.
Looks like Whaley is waving goodbye to us!
2 comments:
Good Morning from a very wet and stormy Florida. I might try to blog about it tonight. Cabo looks like a blast, but I have to ask...who the heck is Paul Rogers?
Valid question, my friend. He would be the lead singer of Bad Company. He is currently the lead singer of a little band that goes by the name of Queen.
Oh how I love Florida! I love Florida and it's weather even MORE than Texas!!
Post a Comment