Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Headlines

At work, I pull up the internet countless times during the day. I have to log on to our multi-dimensional reporting system, our bank, and our lendor's site via the internet. Plus I like to check if anyone's been reading my blog...and sometimes I look at Two Peas in a Bucket, but I sort of relate that to work so it can't really count as goofing off. Even though I'm in finance and not product development. But whatever.

Anyway, MSN is my home page and I always scan the headlines, and sometimes click on one or two if I have a second and it's compelling enough.

Here are the headlines available to me right now. I do not have time to click on them because I have decided to spend my spare time sharing them with you because I love them, they are awesome...

* Proposal goes awry as engagement ring swallowed {can you imagine waiting for that to, uh, pass?}
* Cave dwellers can't refinance {probably because the barter system is way out of practice...I will trade you one skinned carcass for a decent interest rate}

And my personal favorite:
* Man accused of stuffing cat into bong {interesting...friend of Michael Phelps, I wonder?}

Also, one article wants to know if it's time to declare a depression. Let me tell you, scanning the financial headlines depresses me enough, so I'm all for it!

Oh, and earlier today I read that LA County has declared this week a "non-cussing week". Who the &@#! thought THAT up??

Happy Monday!

No comments: