Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Merry Part 5 - A Very Twilight Christmas

Some years there is "that" theme that interests a child and makes gift-buying a little easier...all you have to do is buy something pertaining to the theme, and you're set! Themes from years past: Wizard of Oz, Barbie, Webkinz.

This year's theme for Kennedy: Twilight

In case you've been on another continent for the past six months (or maybe you just don't have a pre-teen/teen girl in your house), Twilight is the teenage vampire series sweeping the nation's teens (and their mothers, too...see this website if you don't believe me: Twilightmoms.com ) Crazy! And, NO, I do not contribute to that website...but I do have a crush on Edward. :) Click here for the post about the time Kennedy and I went to see the movie.

Here is Kennedy with her Edward t-shirt:



Here is her pile of stuff which includes: Twilight pins, Edward keychain, Twilight soundtrack (thanks, Granny!), Twilight Book 3: Eclipse (thanks Papa & Beppe!), and a Twilight film magazine full of information about the film and its cast.

However, there is one Twilight gift from Granny that wasn't in this pile. This gift was left in Granny's room until all the other gifts were opened. I went into the room and hid behind the gift.
Here is her face when she saw the gift.
A life-size Edward standee. Complete with Santa hat (I added that myself).



Edward is very tall.



So now Edward is part of the family. He had to stay in our room the first two nights. Vampires don't sleep, and he was freaking Kennedy out a little bit just standing there staring at her. Now he stays in her room, but we pull the Santa hat down over his face at night.

Sorry 'bout that, Edward, but welcome to the family!

No comments: