Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Technically I'm not really even done posting about Christmas...but now it's WAY over (the tree is down, the decorations are put away), and it's New Year's Eve! I feel like the holiday month passed by much too quickly, but then I reflected on the moments I took to enjoy it: strategic holiday shopping when the malls weren't crowded ( 9 p.m. at night-I do enjoy the shopping, listening to the music, smelling the smells of coffee at the mall), two evening holiday parties, and that lovely afternoon we spent at the Grove.

Then there were the days that led up to Christmas. I did have to work, but my mom was in town and she made Chex mix and cookies with the girls, and Kennedy helped her wrap presents. On Christmas Eve we made dinner and set the table festively and then decorated those cookies. Now the girls are enjoying each day of their break from the comfort of their own home, because their daddy is now a full-time work-from-home kind of guy.

This is also working out well because my car keeps breaking down with some electrical fuse issue, so we are a one and a half car family right now! New year, new car? Most likely.

Which leads me to this...we are heading off to Big Bear for the turn of the New Year! Many blessings to all...may your Eve be safe and fun, may all your resolutions from last year be completed (or completely forgotten), and remember that it's the small stuff that counts! Time with friends and family...that's what matters the most, and that's what we plan to do starting this very afternoon for the next few days...no stopping!

Here is a glimpse into our world at Big Bear from years past:






Happy New Year!

No comments: