Friday, December 12, 2008

Footless reindeer & an adolescent dance

So, on the bright side of things...we'll have LESS ornaments to put away after Christmas!



Today was the Winter Wonderland Middle School Dance. Boy, doesn't this just take you back? Don't you just wish you were a pre-teen at a school dance?



To be truthful, these kids at this school are great kids and they aren't afraid to let loose and have a little fun.



This is Mr. Marcus, a 6th grade teacher. He is doing some dance using some sort of scientific hand signals. No, really, he was! The kids LOVED having their teacher dance with them!



Now isn't this a lovely-looking group of girls? {Editor's note: okay, so who noticed that the picture that was here originally was the SAME picture as the first one posted on this blog? Evidence that perhaps I'm a little tired these days? haha!)
Emily, India and Kennedy

Tomorrow Kennedy is attending her first Bat Mitzvah. But the girl is turning 12...I could have sworn these parties for when a girl turns 13, no? I must inquire about this...


Friday night...long week...heavy, heavy workload...Christmas present wrapping...very, very tired. Counting the minutes until the children are asleep so I can go to sleep too! (Well, except I am reading that fourth book in the teeny-bopper vampire series...Kennedy isn't allowed to read this one yet...but, me, I'm all into it...can I resist and go straight to bed?) (Just one chapter should be okay...)

1 comment:

Lori said...

It's such a wonderful time of year isn't it? Even though it's exhausting!!! Especially for those of us with out-of-town gifts to send. Good luck with all your "errands" AND your reading.