Kennedy was girly from the get-go. Dolls and dress-up filled her toddler years. Art and the occasional gymnastics or hip hop class filled the gap from 7 to 10. From 11 on, she's...well...she's just like I was at that age. Except way better. She is excelling at student-ness, her teachers LOVE her, she's a Girl Scout working on her Silver award, she enjoys going to the mall. Gym class? Not her favorite.
Now Brookie...I had a little feeling that Brooke might be a LITTLE athletic. She's WAY more active and loves to run and climb and jump into puddles.
She takes tennis each week and is really doing a great job.
She's in a dance class on Mondays and has a lot of fun.
But sports? I've asked her if she wants to be on her friend's soccer team. She says no. Fine by me...sitting at a soccer field all day on a Saturday doesn't sound like all that much fun to be honest witcha.
Last week, her after-school program had a parents vs kids SOCCER GAME!
Oops. I wore heels and didn't bring a change of clothes AND I could barely walk from pilates two days prior, so August represented us on the field.
First of all, here are a few of the kids. They look harmless, yes?

I know you were thinking how cute Brooke and that little girl were, so here's another shot.
Warm up exercises! Here she goes!!! What a champ!!!
There was about 1000000007 little kids and about, oh, 4 adults...here it appears that August is approaching Brooke to give her a little advice. Or perhaps wake her up from her daydream by stepping on her foot or something.
See...this is how you do it! You kick the ball LIKE THIS!
...
Instead she found an area of the field in which she could really showcase her talent!
Goalie! Or is it goaly? Y or IE?
...
Even if I don't know how to spell it, it's an important position, yes? Do not let the ball go into the goal, right?
...
Right!
...
So, in order to do that MOST EFFECTIVELY, probably you should stand with a few of your bestest buds, chat a bit, and just completely GUARD THAT GOAL!
...
...
And guess who won...come on now...but of course! THE KIDS! Because there was no way a parent was going to kick a ball hard enough to break through this girlie-goalie line up, that's for sure!
...
So, looks like Saturdays will remain soccer field-free until further notice. Thank you to our DNA. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment