Saturday, May 23, 2009

It WAS fun, just like she thought!

Kennedy is home, sleeping in her own bed, tonight for the first time since Tuesday. Did we send her for a trial run at a boarding school? Did we sign her up for one of those "swap your kid for one from another country" programs?

Nope! Wednesday morning, she left on a big yellow school bus for a place called Astrocamp. She was excited to go. We got to school and all the kids checked in and got their cool t-shirts.


And they dropped their luggage on the sidewalk.

It was a lot of luggage.

I finally relinquished the camera. Kennedy took the picture of the moms standing on the sidewalk. Moms who were not going to leave until the bus drove out of sight.


It was a four hour bus ride. They seem to be in good spirits.


The accommodations are probably not five-star, but they were together...



I should let Kennedy compose her own post, but I loved these pictures so much I had to post them tonight.
Here she is getting ready to do a "vine walk". Or perhaps they are training to be in the circus. I'm not sure. Probably some of them need a Plan B, just in case, and the circus is always an option.

She's ready...



Climbing the big tree...


Whoa! Scary!!!!!



Whew! She made it!


Is it my imagination, or does she look relieved?




They came back Friday night...but Friday night was another story! The bus, after a four hour ride home, pulled up, she jumped off and jumped into her friend, Samantha's, parent's car and off they went to the Staples Center to the Taylor Swift concert.

She's been busy, but now she's fast asleep in her very own bed.
Ah, I like it that way much better. :)

No comments: