And I was VERY much in love. Very happy with my partner in life. Not only were we in love, we were best friends.
Life was good. We were having fun.
But as we know, because we learn this early in life...first comes love, then comes marriage.
Then comes a baby in a baby carriage.
And then, like the Grinch but without his foul mood, my heart grew three sizes that day the baby carriage showed up. My heart expanded so that it could contain the myriad of feelings that the rest of my life would throw at it...
because now I was a Mommy.
I am thankful today is Mother's Day. Not so that I can be waited on or receive presents (but that is a lovely benefit)! Not because the children will try extra hard to be on good behavior (an even BETTER benefit)! But because today will be a day that we will have nothing on the agenda but being together.
I love my family.
I love my husband.
And I love my girls.
Later today we will be picnicking at Malibu Family Wines...and I will certainly test the capacity of my heart when I watch my girls play with such a scenic background behind them.
Later today we will be picnicking at Malibu Family Wines...and I will certainly test the capacity of my heart when I watch my girls play with such a scenic background behind them.
...
Happy Mother's Day to my mother, who is having a difficult week with a sick friend and for that I am so sorry. Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law, who is leaving on a cruise today and for that I am so happy. Happy Mother's day to my stepmother and my aunt, who are most likely having a bit of a sad day for this is the first mother's day without my grandmother, and I imagine how they feel because I am missing her too. Happy Mother's Day to my rockin' sisters-in-law, who are such wonderful moms and who live too far away. Happy Mother's Day to my village, my back-up moms, the mothers of my children's friends...there are some I love as if they were my own sisters, my life is enriched for having met them.
...
All of these mothers in my life are an inspiration to me for many varied reasons. I am a better mom because of each of them.
...
Indeed today is not a day that I wish to BE celebrated, it is a day that I celebrate the fact that I am a mom. The single best thing I've ever done. Twice. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment