Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tongue Tied

Sometimes all you need to succeed is a gimmick.

Take, for example, the rock band KISS. They had their very own army, for crying out loud, yet when I listen to their 1970-something lyrics today, I say (right out loud to my husband who has a KISS belt buckle), "they would have never made it in today's time".

Their lyrics...are stupid.

Like for instance:

Get up
And get your grandma outta here
Pick up
Old Jim is workin' hard this year
And baby
Do the things he says to do

What? That doesn't even make sense. Perhaps the chorus will clear things up.

Baby, if you're feeling good
And baby if you're feeling nice
You know your man is workin' hard
He's worth a deuce

Yeah, well...not so clear after all. Who the heck is Old Jim, and if he's old, why can't Grandma stay?

And do not even get me started on that song "Love Gun".

But they had a gimmick. They put on loads of makeup, had cool costumes and huge platform shoes.

Well, as it turns out, we may have a young member of our family with a future in rock and roll. It's too soon to know if he has musical talent or songwriting capabilities, but that (obviously, see above) is secondary to the gimmick.

And, Cooper, you got the gimmick DOWN!!!


P.S. I will admit for the record that I DO like two KISS songs: Strutter and Beth. Those songs rock. They rock all night long and party every day.

2 comments:

Hit 40 said...

I did an out loud giggle when I scrolled down to that picture of your kid!!! LMAO!!

Just beautiful.

Thank you for the birthday greetings. I had a good day. My friend at work decked out my desk with decorations. Very sweet of her!

Lori said...

That's pretty stinkin' funny!!! Leave it to a Zadra to teach his son that one. Joe's brother will be sad he didn't think of it first.

And can I just say...
"I feel uptight on a Saturday night
Nine o' clock, the radio's the only light
I hear my song and it pulls me through
Comes on strong, tells me what I got to do
I got to"

go to bed....