Oh what disappointment. You may remember how I've mentioned that occasionally our school is able to get a "celebrity" to come to an event. Last year we had Dakota Fanning, and earlier this year it was Cody Linley.
The children knew who these people were, oh yes indeed.
But today...today was supposed to be Mr. Henry Winkler.
The Fonz.
I was SO excited! (The kids? Had no clue who he was.) Took time off work to volunteer at the Book Fair, attend the parents' pastry & coffee hour, (er, which I totally would have done anyway) and to see Fonzie. Um, I mean Mr. Winkler.
Did you know he's an author? Of children's books? He is! Stories of Hank Zipzer...a dyslexic fourth grade boy.
But his filming schedule was changed, and he had to cancel. He promises to reschedule. I will keep my fingers crossed!
Until then....ayyyyyy!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment