However, since daylight savings came about two weekends ago, it gets dark at about, oh, FIVE p.m. Yes, I am picking children up from school IN THE DARK. (Which provides an extra dose of guilt, in case I was feeling light on the guilt level in my soul.)
Somehow, though, the earlier sunset makes the evening at home seem longer. Since Brooke can do her homework in the after school program, she has the most time on her hands.
This week, she SKUNKED us at Monopoly Junior. I ran out of money in no time. August held in there, but in the end...Brookie was left holding the cash.
Kennedy has quite a bit of homework as a general rule. When she's not doing homework these days, she's completed engrossed in the Twilight series - a high school version of Interview with the Vampire. I have prescreened the first two books...and have just started the third. All in the name of motherhood, you know. I totally do NOT have a crush on this 17 year old vampire named Edward. Shame on you for thinking so! {Okay, I will admit that I had a crush on the Vampire Lestat, too, back in the 90s...I guess it's a vampire thing...}
And whenever August or I get one spare moment...to finish a sentence to one another, or look through the mail, or check e-mail - there is this face...
Wanna play, huh? huh? Wanna play????????
PLEASE??????????????????
No comments:
Post a Comment