Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Time at Disneyland





Lucky us! After nine long months (too long!), Joe and Lori (aka Lulu) came out for a weekend visit. I had been noticing the Halloween billboards for Disneyland all month, so we decided to check it out! This was our first time ever to visit Disneyland while it was decorated for fall, and it did not disappoint!




We rode all our favorite rides...the girls are getting ready for the Toontown Roller Coaster here...



Quick snapshot of them ON the ride...


Woo hoo!!!





Happiest place on earth indeed!



I just plain like this picture...



Woody's Round-up was decked out in fall foliage. In a few short weeks, it will be a winter wonderland and SANTA will be there, too!



Brooke's very favorite ride is the Winnie the Pooh ride.


The girls were in their very own honey pot.




Oh, I just love it when the Haunted Mansion is decorated like the Nightmare Before Christmas...it is my ABSOLUTE favorite. They keep it this way from October through New Year's Day.



Jack Skellington dressed as "Sandy Claws". Apparently I was not supposed to be taking pictures inside the ride, because Kennedy admonished me quite sternly. {I never heard them say that, it would be a shame not to get pictures of the coolness inside this Haunted Mansion!}




Brooke, by the way, does NOT like this ride. It is pretty scary at the beginning and she had NO time for it. Meaning...she wigged and August had to carry her out.

Here is something else cool inside the ride.


Who bit Mickey's ear???




It was a fantastic day, we even saw the fireworks show and the place that we were standing happened to be the line for Peter Pan! While waiting in line for Peter Pan, Brooke decided to send a text message. She sent a nice long text message to Uncle Ken asking him funny things like what did he like to eat. The lady standing behind us was cracking up at the little kid texting away.

Then we got on Peter Pan. The girls got in the flying ship and off they went. August and I were supposed to be right behind, but they let someone from the handicapped line in the next car. Off it went. August and I got in our seat, and pulled down the bar. And then we heard a beep. And then the ride stopped. With the children inside. And us outside. Oops.
10 minutes later, out they came and they weren't even traumatized at all! The clouds?? They are white plastic trash bags! The stars?? They hang on strings! Of course, they turned on the lights so the kids saw the ride in all its true glory, and they dug it. We got to ride it finally, and the girls insisted on being in their own flying ship. So, all's well that ends well.

To close, I leave you with a classic...children smiling on the Dumbo ride. It doesn't get much better than this. Unless, of course, they were holding a churro. Another day...a post dedicated to the churro. :)


No comments: