Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dallas...in August...you're kidding me, right?

Click here to view these pictures larger

We had a busy weekend, lots of visits in a short amount of time! We spent the weekend with Ken & Steph...they are fantastic hosts and have a variety of Wii games to keep the short people occupied!

We made several trips to the hospital to visit Dad, who is progressing so much. He has a long road ahead of him, but I know he has the drive. We spent one evening at their house with Alice, the kids swam in the pool, the grown-ups sat and talked. Ken, who is part kid/part grown-up, did a little of both. :)

We drove to the country to visit my mom and her two dogs. Oh how the girls love the dogs!

Sunday night, my friend Kim, who lives near my brother, drove over to visit for a short time. She and her daughter, Lauren, had been out back-to-school shopping all day. Lauren started school the very next morning! I don't see her nearly enough, it was good to see her again.

And, to top it all off, the weather was NOT BAD...for Texas in August! Although the visit was not necessarily "for fun", it was fun. It was fun to see family, it was fun to hang around Ken and Steph. It was fun to see the girls go all kooky for my mom's new little dog, Bo. It was fun to see my dad light up at the girls when they walked in his room and to see him play his own version of charades...knowing exactly what he wants. It was fun to see the girls play with their uncle and snuggle with their aunt.

Next time, I'll be bringing the husband. We'll be sure to visit family, fit in more friends, and have a lot of fun.

Still not cool with Texas in August. I know I just got lucky this time!

No comments: