This is completely random, consider yourself forewarned.
I came home from a school board meeting tonight around 10 pm, gave the husband a kiss as he scooted out the door to band practice, and decided to decompress on the computer for a few minutes.
I scoured the MSN homepage headlines deciding which one to click on:
*Americans in fear over jobs, bills - no click, too depressing
* Tiger's newborn son Charlie - no click, who cares? Besides they show a little thumbnail of him kissing the baby. Good enough.
* Boy married off to dog - what the heck? no click (only because I already read it earlier today along with the diary of a polygamist women...this is a strange, strange world)
* American Idol - no click, the girls will be talking about it on the way to school tomorrow anyway
* Lost - NO CLICK!!! We recorded this show to watch tomorrow...don't tell me what happened!!
What did I choose to click on as soon as I saw it? The very second I read the blurb? In retrospect, I cracked up because I almost couldn't click fast enough. And in retrospect I realized how goofy it was and it inspired me to share this here on my blog.
I clicked on: Parton shut out of Hannah Montana movie.
Parton being Dolly Parton of course. Whaaaaat??? Miley is dissing on Dolly? How could she? Oh, for goodness sakes...the headline was a little misleading. Seems Dolly's recurring role of some grandma or aunt didn't get written into the Hannah Montana movie and she was a little bummed. Nothing dramatic. No good story. Waste of a click.
But really, why the heck did I click on THAT?? My only explanation is that I've been under the weather and surely I am not thinking clearly. Surely.
No comments:
Post a Comment