Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Twelve Point Five

The preteen years are mysterious years. Children disappear into their rooms for hours at a time. One minute they are chatty and open, the next minute they are quiet and sullen.

Thank goodness for homework! Homework provided a little insight this week into the mind of the preteen living in our house.

Kennedy, age 12 1/2...My Favorite Things

"I have many favorite things. My favorite colors are red and purple. My favorite food is hard to decide, but it would probably be Italian food. My favorite bands are The Fray, Mayday Parade, and Regina Spektor, and my favorite songs are Daylight, Wake Up, Fidelity, and You Found Me. My favorite magical creatures are unicorns and leprechauns."

I fancy myself pretty hip...I dig the cool rock and roll music...I will crank it up loud... However, I have never heard of two of the three of her favorite bands. And I have no idea what songs those are that are her favorites.

Could it be? Am I old?

And when did LEPRECHAUNS, little creepy dudes in green, replace fairies?

Yes, twelve point five, 12 1/2 years old...mysterious. But beautiful. :)

No comments: